Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Quilted Heart 'n Wreath

I have some of the greatest family members ever, but one I'd like to blog about today is my Aunt Connie. She is married to my Uncle Don who is one of my dad's siblings. We have a nice big family, but growing up I particularly remember spending a lot of time with "the Don Wards" (we are the Dave Wards), which include Don, Connie, my cousin Allie and Erin. Lots of great memories....

What makes Connie so great? Besides everything? Well this year I was lucky enough to draw her name for our annual gift exchange and although I couldn't fly out for the parrrrr-tay, I wanted to do something extra special, crafty and unique because that's what she would do. Connie actually is an amazing quilter and owns A Quilted Heart in Northern California. When I graduated college I had a clothing stores worth of sweatshirts, t-shirts, jackets, etc. from my Alpha Phi days, and I knew that I would never wear all of them again....but snuggle with them? Oh yes. Aunt Connie stepped up to the plate and made my sorority quilt, which is one of my top 5 most cherished possessions EVER! She has since made one for all the high school and/or college grads and it's turned into an amazing family tradition. They are all so unique and beautiful, but I am partial to mine. It's the best. See?



So what could I make her? Well, I decided on a quilting wreath that she could hang either at home or at her shop! I didn't know it at the time but my color choices were spot on and apparently it was a big hit at the party. Wish I could have been there, but I sent my love and best wishes. So here are a few pics of how it turned out. What do you think? 

My mom has demanded a scrapbooking wreath by Mother's Day. I have a few ideas but any suggestions?




This season I also did a cupcake liner wreath for our house for the holidays. Can't wait to make more after seeing other fellow bloggers holiday craftiness!



3 comments:

Heidi said...

very cute! love them both! {dollar tree has a bunch of different wreath forms}

Karolyn said...

I love your quilt Jen! My aunt has made similar quilts for family members of mine. I am patiently waiting my turn :) Your quilting wreath is amazing - very creative on your part!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Jenn!! I LOVE that!! It's sooo stinking cute! PS I LOVE the quilt she made me too. I think it is one of my favorite things from our alpha phi days together. I think she is going to love that wreath!