Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ten-Ten-Ten

Oh little blog, how I feel I have abandoned you these past months. Life has either been too busy to find time to blog, or too uneventful with nothing to blog about.

But now I find myself another year older, another blog to post.

On X-X-X, I turned the big 2-9. And with every birthday for a moment you think of where you thought you would be when you one day got to said age...but I decided to take a different route, call it wisdom in my new older age. Forget New Years, birthdays are the time for resolutions and wishes. So that's what I decided to do. To come up with 10 things I want to do, learn, accomplish by the time I am, ahem, 30. These aren't things like have a baby, get married or get my RN...those are dependent on other people and this list is about muah - to make me a stronger, well-rounded woman of her 30's, which is the new 20's. Right?

I wanted to post these TEN resolutions on October 10, 2010 but eh, it's the thought that counts. Aww, I love the number 10 and it's the number of all numbers this year....J is the 10th letter in the ABC's, my b-day is 10-10, it's been 10 years since High School, 10 years of being an Alpha Phi...you get the picture.

I thought long and hard over this list...


...so here goes. Somewhat from simplest changes to the most extreme.

1) Drink more H20 everyday.

2) Be better about sunscreen. I know better and I'm going to pay the price if I don't.

3) Wear dish gloves when doing dishes and scrubbing the house squeaky clean! Ok, so this sounds silly but I remember being younger, like 25 or so, my mom told me that the 2 areas that show your age the fastest are the back of your hands and your neckline. And she's right...my mom has the softest, prettiest hands! So really 2 and 3 go together to keep my skin looking young, fresh and healthy.

4) Never fall asleep with make-up on again...'nuff said.

5) Give back more to my community, fellow man, the animals and the environment.

6) Learn sign language.

7) Live by this...
Do more than belong: participate.
Do more than care: help.
Do more than believe: practice.
Do more than be fair: be kind.
Do more than forgive: forget.
Do more than dream: work.
- William Arthur Ward, Writer

8) Get as close to debt free (with the exception of mine newly accrued student loans) as possible. Aww the sweet smell of financial freedom.

9) Climb Mt. Whitney with 2 of my fav guys (sorry Toby, not you buddy) - Ry and my Dad

10) Hold and feed a baby wild animal. Tiger, koala, giraffe...any will do.

So what are you going to do this year?

No comments: