Thursday, July 29, 2010

Let's All Go In "Le Tub"

On our quest to discover some of the touristy and not-so-touristy things in South Florida, I came across a review about a restaurant called Le Tub. It's been a Hollywood (Florida for all you Cali readers) hidden gem since the 1950's.



GQ voted it best hamburger in the nation AND Oprah herself visited - so we had to check it out. Right away we loved the "Margaritaville" type atmosphere. It's basically a shack/hut on the intercoastal waterway with lots of odds and ends to look at, bright lights strung about and GIANT fish swimming under the dock.


So we settled in and our waitress (whom we think was a little tipsy) gave us our menus.


So we decided to take GQ's advise and get the best hamburger - little did we know it was not just a burger, it was a dinosaur of a burger.

  


With the beer and sodas in cans, the burgers on paper plates and the fact that it's cash only (little tip for you that plan on visiting) it was incredibly laid back - almost like being at a BBQ!
It was a great night, and yes the burgers are really good. Not sure best in the nation good, but then again I don't have much to compare them too. But they are B-I-G. Just so you all can see more of the place itself, here's a local video of the joint.


Thanks Jeff and Shannon for joining us 'in' Le Tub!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I laughed out loud when I read that your waitress was tipsy! Too funny! Looks like a fun place :)